Being a Foothold ambassador
Would you like to spread the word about the support engineers and their families can find at Foothold? As our ambassador volunteer, you’ll play a key role in raising awareness of the work we do and inspiring people to support us.
- To attend Foothold, IET and other relevant events and activities to inform engineers and their families of the support and services Foothold provide.
- Support the fundraising team at events and activities.
- To confidently network during events, raise awareness of Foothold and the services and support on offer.
- To encourage people to ask get involved with Foothold, make a donation or to visit our website.
- To occasionally make short presentations (we’ll provide scripts/talking points in advance by Foothold).
- To set up and run a small stand at events (where appropriate) and provide people with literature and information on Foothold activities and how to make a donation.
- To regularly review Footholds social media posts and website to identify any inconsistencies or improvements that may be needed.
Qualities and Skills required:
- Personable and approachable with a strong sense of integrity.
- Able to speak confidently and enthusiastically to groups and individuals.
- Able to actively listen and show empathy.
- Patience and a warm and friendly attitude.
- Willingness to follow current advice to keep yourself and others safe.
- Able to remain impartial and confidential at all times.
- Respectful of other people’s views and values.
- Good communication, networking and organisational skills.
- Digitally aware and confident.
- Can work on their own initiative and give feedback to staff at Foothold.
Training and support:
- Complete induction and essential training for the role.
- Access regular online resources/training.
- Regular contact with your Volunteering Manager (telephone or other) for support and guidance.
- To respond to service changes and requirements.
- Role-related expenses.
Any other Requirements:
- It is essential to remember you are not to give advice to members; if somebody requires support you can signpost them to Foothold’s Support Services team via the helpline, or take their details and ask a member of the Foothold Support Services team to contact them.
- Due to the vulnerable nature of the people we support, we will require two references.
Step 1: Complete a short application form.
Step 2: We’ll invite you to an informal chat about the role.
We’d love to hear from you! If you have any questions or just want to chat about the role, please contact our volunteering team manager Beverley Archer: [email protected]