Support volunteers are matched with people who have told us they would welcome such support, every individual has different needs and so opportunities vary, however you could expect to be engaged in the following tasks:
- Offering a friendly, positive and encouraging ear to people who may be lonely or isolated.
- Offering emotional support in times of change.
- Offering practical support i.e. help with shopping or hospital visits or dealing with domestic paperwork.
- Providing encouragement in finding work
- Talking to people about your common experience as an engineer and about developments in the profession
- Encouraging people to use the full range of Foothold services
The positions are unremunerated; reasonable out of pocket expenses can be reimbursed, mileage, public transport costs and costs of meals.
If you’re interested in this role, please get in touch with email@example.com